chatsworth
my favorite estate i've ever been to.
i guess some people think it was jane austen's inspiration for pemberley
and they used it in the 2005 film verion of pride and prejudice.
i've never seen a place so happily situated



the only sad thing was that it was having restoration work done:

i did my best with my imagination to make it go away, as well as using the cropping tool on iphoto. but really, it was a good thing that the grounds were not under reconstruction. now that would have been a real misfortune. would it not?






4 comments:
Did I ever tell you that I love your shorter hair? I love it.
I would also like to note that I currently live in a row of townhouses called Chatsworth. True story. I am practically a duchess. Or a Darcy.
Also, Kelli alerted me that you're in Provo. Come see me.
Um I would like to tell you that I live with Brittany. In chatsworth. We have a door that is "English Blue," officially.
Thank you thank you thank you for all the references to Jane Austen and The Duchess and other things. This is why we're friends. Also, did the veiled vestal in real life blow your mind? It did mine. My mind has been quite exploded. (Wilde much?) And I am so glad you went to the farther north instead of London because that meant you got to see Chatsworth. And now this lengthy comment needs to end, because I'm rambling and beginning to sound like Miss Bates. Cheers. :)
beautiful pictures. And, I love that you were there in your chacos.
monvaric
Post a Comment