26 October 2009

I was totally going to do a blog post about my weekend!

maybe I still will, but instead, for the past two hours I have been working on my blog post for my photography class. I had such a hard time for the first time ever coming up with the writing part. I just wanted to take pictures of windows, not write anything about it. Also, if you looked at my assignment last week, where I didn't write a complete sentence, and wrote the same thing over and over again, I got a hundred percent on the writing part. Gooooood...anyway. Couldn't think of a way to specifically leave out text, so it gets a bit cheesy. Hope it's just more "sensory" than corny though.

I got this idea from my mom, who took TONS of pictures of windows on our last trip to France, Poland, Switzerland, Slovenia, Germany, etc. and then put some of them into one of those frames that is like a frame for about a dozen pictures. Anyway, I liked it, and I decided to do something similar...Here it is:

I like when people use windows as metaphors.

You know the metaphors I'm talking about. They include wonderful things like windows to people's hearts and souls;
windows of opportunity, and hope;
to goodness
and love
and friendship.


















I wonder what the people inside of the windows would say
as they look out into the streets of Southern France,
scowling or laughing,
speaking or smoking or drinking coffee.

I wonder as my fingers itch to throw open their shudders
and find hope or love or beauty.
Maybe I would find a small room,
perhaps decorated similar to my hotel room I've already seen,
with a wooden table and chair,
and a vase full of fake sunflowers.




So, what do you think? I took most, if not all of those pictures in Arles. It took forEVer to line all of them up. More pictures to come...

1 comment:

TA Demings said...

I love all these pictures soo much. you are good at this game. beautiful windows. and great photo taking.