
almost missing our flight because line one was down. Especially bad because no one else in the group knew where we were going, staying, how to get there, what to do, etc. Realizing only as I was walking out to the plane from the gate that we had indeed made the flight.
realizing we couldn't make our connection to Dingle because there was no bus going there that night. Non-summer hours are a lot more limited than in July. Woops!

listening to "Elephant" by Damien Rice until my ears wanted to fall out. I never realized before how satisfying that one part in the bridge is. Please listen.
Listening to Damien Rice in general while we spent long hours on the bus.

Eating a lot of bourbon creams and corners yogurt...
coming into Dingle, renting bikes, and taking five other girls on a 30 mile bike ride that they thought was going to be about eight miles. I never insinuated this. Someone talked to someone on the plane who said they did an eight mile loop. So, no one had any idea what they were getting into. Except for me, but I had forgotten how long it was except for a last grueling hill. Woops! They were all grateful later that they really had no idea what that bike ride entailed. Except for Kirsten would still have done it even if she knew. She would have done it twice.
Taking this picture SOLELY for the purpose of trying to make Whitney jealous (compare here):
a few photo shoots:
Rachel, senior pictures anyone? and...yeah.
I legitimately thought that Cami was going to kill me right here. She was a bit angry that I led her to believe differently than she felt...we were about 25 miles into the ride. She was considering turning around at mile number four.
Cute animals. Especially because they aren't all dirty and gross
like the pigeons and dogs here in Paris.


it was that hill. And then we walked from the top along the ridge back to Dingle.
Then we completely soaked our chacos and feet into basically the bog of the peak of the mountain, and made our way down through sheep poop and over about ten fences and did some unintentional sheep-worrying. It was ABsoLUtely BRILliant.
Rachel being groped (on accident) by the B&B lady whose place we stayed at last night. I stood awkwardly in the corner while Cami and Rachel talked her down from 25 to 20 euros.
Never Having to use my rain jacket.
Getting to know these girls better:
Yay!








2 comments:
your striped socks with chacos! It gives me a little piece of emma! Emma this looks so fun! and I'm jealous of all your friends. I'm glad you made it on the "plain"! I love you!
Look, here I am commenting...
So yes I am totally jealous but I am trying to be mostly happy for you and I am loving the first picture and having a hard time imagining being in Ireland and not being in old filthy clothes with tons o luggage or fat from eating too many digestives in England.
love you and skype..
(and yes I am reading my thoreau essay right now too, don't even worry about it..)
Post a Comment