11 January 2010

black & white and antique: the way to make any picture in the old city look legit.

so. here's the deal...which half of you already know because you have been at the jerusalem center...

pictures take forever to upload at the center and lauren was really nice to help me last post, and this post i am at hebrew university, where my online picture thingy is NOT blocked. but, these trips won't be THAT frequent, so i'll have to post smaller pictures and you can click on them to look at them bigger!

but for now, indulgence is in order for some of these huge pics...(yep mommy, pics.)

at dome of the rock:









old city streets:

some cool graffiti and some dad getting his trash kicked by his children





roof of a building in the old city



prayers stuck into the western wall:



so, pointing my lense at children. my favorites:

hebrew girls learning to pray at the western wall:


at the western wall (it's behind me):



yep, i was following them around:



cutest palestinian kids that waved and sang to us and asked us our names and told us they loved us. cutest. children. ever.



palestinian kids dancing during a soccer break or something. we watched them conspicuously from the rampart walls for a while:



more palestinian children/teenagers:



pretty girls in the group:
i'm thinking of selling this to canon.


7 comments:

Lauren Kay said...

Love the first picture of the Dome! So cool!

mateicho1 said...

man I want some Palestinians to make some graffiti in Arabic on the wall of my house. that would be SOOO h-core.

Katy said...

sorry emma you're going to have to go to where ever you are for picture uploads at least THRICE weekly because the consistent provision of insanely awesome pictures of foreign lands is specifically mentioned in our friendship contract, paragraph 4G line 318, right after I promise to comment on every blog post. You scratch my back, I scratch yours.

Anonymous said...

Emma my love, I am seriously well pleased with your blog and its contents comprising lovely photos and thoughtful commentary. It is quite entertaining. On another note of admiration, I thoroughly enjoyed your Christmas letter written with such ease and complete naturalness (is that a word commonly accepted in your writ?)as to the language written by our dear Jane. Do not hestiate in pursuing this great gift you possess. Much love, you can call me Aunt Vicki

Brady and Jane said...

first off. that isn't just graffiti emma. That means they made the trip to mecca. It has a name. the hajj I believe. Second off. FREAK.

TA Demings said...

though I don't recall having one of those friend contracts (I'd like to get one asap) I agree with Katy on the pictures thrice a week. These are so BEAUTIFUL. and I feel so jealous of you and bent and lauren. please keep taking pictures of cute Palestinian children.

Brittany said...

antique is my favorite thing about iPhoto. about my Mac. about life,actually. keep them coming; i love this stuff.