


Saint-Sulpice and Pierre Hèrmes macarons. I usually trust that when expensive food items have interesting combinations, it will be good. Unfortunately, my vocabulary wasn't good enough to realize that "hazelnut, and umm...something else...must be good" actually ended up tasting like hazelnut and some weird after-taste of roquefort. I do not recommend it.


light show at Trocadero:
Ericka was so happy/scared when the light show started. Our faces are all rosy from walking an hour from the Louvre along the Seine to watch the show. Ericka is like me in that we somehow think that stopping to have to wait for a bus or a metro will take more time than just walking forever. It was beautiful.
The Waterlilies at L'Orangerie by Monet





And I learned a few things from Stanford people as well:
-Stanford is actually really small, so everything gets back around to people, and everyone knows everyone.
-Saying someone is "smart" at Stanford, is like saying "she's a sweet spirit" at BYU.
-I think the word "pretentious" was used about thirty-seven times. People at Stanford are really scared of being pretentious if they care about being both smart and being a sweet spirit.
-at bars between drinks, Stanford people sometimes pull out school notebooks and read prompts for essay assignments and discuss the possible ways to elaborate on existentialism and the significance of titles. I am not joking. This is actually what was going on in this picture.



4 comments:
Stanford sounds like heaven.
No kidding!
let's go to stanford.
Ericka's hair looks so pretty next to the waterlilies! I want to see the Orangerie bad. We seriously spent like three days discussing it in my Impressionism class.
Emicka, you're so pretentious. Haha i almost died laughing at this post. I want to do this weekend ALL over again!
Post a Comment