22 November 2009

Chocolate, waffles, chocolate waffles, waffle chocolates, and flavored beer.

I didn't drink the beer. But I did buy it because I owed Ericka a couple of euros. The bottle looked like a soda bottle, so I didn't even feel rebellious at all. But it was raspberry flavored, which is why Ericka wanted to try it, because she doesn't really like beer. But she does want to be a wine connoisseur. How pretentious.

Bruges



The minute we got off the train, we walked into the station and saw a waffle stand, a fry stand, and three chocolate stores. We chocolate hopped everywhere. Finally in Brussels we found a store that had samples and two locations. We went there three times.



I convinced Ericka that we needed to try every version of the mocha-flavored Leonidas. Of course she liked the dark chocolate. And of course I liked the white chocolate, because that is what I have been eating for the past like seven years.



we struggled so much to take good pictures:



Ericka ice skated in the market square in Bruges. I took pictures of her. We both enjoyed our respective activities. Plus there was about a fourth of an inch layer of water above the ice. So if a slip happened...well, I didn't even bring different pants to wear the next day. SO.


look it: socks.



Pretty Church in Bruges. Their relic: a vial of Christ's blood that you can touch for a small donation. We weren't there when they were having a viewing though. Unfortunately.



Ericka taking her Senior Pics:



So excited to eat my Belgian waffle. For the third time.



I was so tired in Bruges it was embarrassing. When we were both so tired that we stopped talking and started walking really slowly, we went to a bar that was established in 1515 and played Boggle.



Bruges



Brussels



Pretty gazebo in the park in Brussels:





I told you. An aMAZing trip. But actually, yeah. It was pretty good. :)

3 comments:

TA Demings said...

awesome chocolate. awesome waffles. awesome socks. awesome everything.

restre

Kylie McQ said...

URRRRRGGGGGGH IT IS PRETTY THERE AND SO ARE YOU.

Lisa said...

Good decision on the Boggle idea. Also, I like that you stayed in the SAME ROOM as my friends. That made me happy. Happy Bruges. Happy Belgium.