She decided that this month,
she is going to write about things that she is thankful for. I decided that I wanted to do that too. Unfortunately, when I was thinking of ideas, it was basically the same as how all of my blog posts are, except for everything turns into "I'm thankful that this happened/that I could do this..." instead of "I did this, and this happened...bluhbluhbluh" so yeah.
Thankful for
Corrine. And Tati. And that I can stay out when it gets dark because it gets dark so early. And
Sephora.
But mostly Corrine right now. Because she offered to cut my hair.
And then she did.
Corrine is one of those people who manages to do most of her talking with her eyes closed.
I am always so impressed when I'm walking with her and she is talking and doesn't fall over.For some reason, my opinion has been this pretty much my whole life: if my hair were just longer=me pretty
. And when I had short hair I wished so badly that I had long hair, and I spent years and years and years trying to grow my hair out. I don't know why, but at the end of August, I was done having long hair, and I would always tuck my hair into sweaters, scarves, etc. to see what it looked like. I have been threatening to cut my hair for about a month and a half, and Corrine offered to cut it for me. Her host mom is out of town right now, so
obviously we slept over at her house last night.
My hair was cut. A lot of it. Off. At first when she hadn't cut layers yet, I was very nervous because it was short, and I looked like a triangle head because it was all one length. Corrine, don't take this personally. Every time I get my hair cut, about 3/4 of the way into the whole ordeal, I want to stand up, take the scissors and say,
"all right, I think you've cut it enough," and it takes so much self control for me to sit there and hear and feel all of my hair dropping on to my clothes or on to the floor. The snipping sound, and months and months of waiting, and taking care, and just bits of me coming off.
Tonight was also Tati's last night here. She had a stressful last day here, having to get all the way across the city dragging her suitcase, and her bank card not working, and Sophi
The cool half Moroccan half American fluent in French friend who LOVES fries
left earlier today. But there was less stress when we went to see the view of the Eiffel Tower from Trocadero,
and then I said goodbye at her friend's flat
(who seriously lives two minutes walking distance away from L'Arc de Triomphe...what???) and then I walked down the Champs Élysées just as the lights began to turn on. I went into the huge Sephora, put on some Chanel lipstick and eyeshadow and perfume, and walked all the way down the boulevard wearing my new brown leather gloves. Somehow, I feel all of the sudden like I can wear this color of lipstick. And I felt pretty even though I didn't have long hair anymore. It was a great night.
last night. SO LONG, right? 
tonight.
well, what do you think???
9 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!!!
You look sooooo pretty! I love it!
I love it Emma! You look impossibly chic.
p.s. you can pull off that lipstick.
cutie cutie!
AAAAAAAA I LOVE IT. And lipstick. Yes. We love both of those.
very beautiful.
muthi
BEAUTIFUL.
i hate you. you are so pretty! haha ok i dont hate you at all. love the hair cut! miss you!
I don't know you, but think your haircut is darling. Hope Paris is so much fun!
PARISIEN! so hot emma. love the hair. love the make up.
Post a Comment