21 September 2009

I want to be her:



Saturday and yesterday, a bunch of museums were free, including the Cluny Museum of the Middle Ages, where these six tapestries are displayed. I sat in that dark room looking at them for about an hour yesterday.

Then I caught up with my trying-to-be-artsy journal:

The front/binding that I bought in Scotland for a few pounds. Made an alternate title, which I admit is kind of tacky, but I actually really like it, and I found those letters in my mom's crafting area, and
Mason Jennings says it in one of my favorite songs of his. Anyway...




Title page: Before I left, I spent a long time prepainting all of these pages so that I could just pull them out, glue stuff to them, and glue them into the book I bought. I mixed acrylic paints with glaze, painted on to the page that was prepared with some gesso, and then wiped some of the paint off with a paper towel to texturize the page. (I didn't make up how to do this.)



The day I got to Paris--totally jetlagged, but we did a river tour:



My favorite page so far:



After last night's outing:



Ladurée is apparantly some ultra-uppity pastry place that has beautiful pastries and beautiful boxes and bags for the pastries. We got macaroons there. I got a rose petal macaroon and a blackcurrant/violet macaroon. Both miniature. Cami got a coconut one and an orange one and we shared all of them. Cami decided she wants to have macaroons at her wedding. We're trying to figure out how we could possibly get them shipped from here.

Just bought those block-letter stamps last week...yep, glad that's what I'm spending my money on here. At least Cami had a good laugh. That time, and every time I use my glue stick.

4 comments:

Camilla Combs said...

oh goodness...you know im just so jeal of your artistic endeavors right now. macaroons WILL be served at my wedding...just you wait! cant wait for sunday. we WILL get you a pillow that lady and the unicorn on it if its the last thing i do.

Megan said...

Laduree is so great-- but I think mostly talk. The best bakeries are the private rinky dink ones. And I wanted macaroons for the wed too--market of choice has them!! $$$$ though. Emma I live for these blogs!! Oh and ask me about my journal I kept while I was there ....yeah....

Brittany said...

emma why are you so entirely cool? seriously though. this makes my heart sing things like regina spektor and disney songs.s

Katy said...

your creativity makes me want to die