07 April 2009

An End

The semester's drawing to a close and I feel it necessary to draw attention to a few of the landmarks that have happened in my life, and say thank you for them.

Thank you Liberty Square, for helping me adjust to Provo culture including things like: socializing, wearing attractive clothes more often, socializing, showering more often, and socializing.

Thank you Sara H, for making me run the half-marathon last month. It was my first, and the longest I have ever run in my life. Thank you for waiting at the porter-potty with me at mile four, and then running up and down the pathway yelling "avert your eyes!" and "don't look to the right!" when I had to pop a squat in the woods next to the path since there were no porter-potties. twice.

Thank you Sara S, for walking to the duck pond that one time with me, and leading a dozen ducks across the street, and stopping traffic, and letting people get mad at us, and getting embarrassed, and feeling totally powerful. And thank you at midnight that night when we saw a flattened duck on the road for wanting to have a funeral for it with me.

Thank you Heidi for a lot of Pizza.

Thank you Jane for letting me try to take care of you when you got low. And for holding hands with me that one night during our entire walk. And for driving a half hour away just to eat at Paradise Bakery. Twice.

Thank you Kelli for that one night when I slept in Jane's bed and we talked for a long time and for listening to me when I talk. I'm sorry that sometimes I forget to listen to you. It's just that I get so excited about what we're talking about that my brain jumps from something you said to something I'm thinking. Probably not the politest thing.

Katie J, you're my idol.

There are a few other things that were significant landmarks, but this post is getting long. There are a lot of other things that I should have mentioned also, and important people, so I will probably continue this later.

But, in the meantime, I will say adieu to this past year of good friends, fun, hard work, crazy nights at the apartment, and a lot a lot of learning in many aspects of life.

1 comment:

Lanée Jensen said...

Ohhhh Emma, I MISS YOU!!!! Come back come back!