oh gosh then we went contacting on friday in manchester. most stressful thing of my life. especially when they're like, talk to everyone, talk to every single person you see. so i'm like totally stressed out the whole time and i had to go up and start pretty much every conversation because sis c was really scared. i was like hey, i thought YOU were supposed to be the bold one. i guess one of us had been planning for reality and how scary it would be, and the other one had no idea how scary it was actually going to be. haha.
today we did a church history tour and saw where the first people were baptized and where the first missionaries came, and then we went to a tiny town that's where the painting above mom and dad's bed is. it's the cutest little town that this lord has made everyone preserve so there's no electricity. reminds me of the cotswolds. we'll have to go there when we come back. but a ton of people were baptized there and heber c kimball was talking to joseph smith about that place and joseph smith said that some ancient prophets were there and they blessed that land! how cool is that? it was so peaceful and nice, it did feel sacred. it was such a beautiful little town. everything stone and a little church and ivy growing on the houses and things. i was like, oh yeah, this is why i love england. wish it was possible to serve in places like that. probably not.it's been nice weather here, so during exercise we get to go outside and play football. yesterday i almost headed it! woo! i played defense like the whole time but then i started like actually running up for offense too and i kicked the ball into the district leader's crotch. uuuuuuh woops! haha! and then i ran round the track and there was a dead rabbit on the trail. pooooor peter rabbit :(an area seventy came and talked to us and gave us a fireside on sunday. it was so good. and then afterward he came around and shook all of our hands and he said to me "you have a nice aura about you. families will love you." isn't that cute? so hopefully families will love me! gosh. i had to say the closing prayer for that too but then it was okay.well! i'm starting to feel okay about being here! i leave the mtc on monday because there's some kind of conference for mission presidents. only a few more days here!love you all!sister Emma
15 October 2010
Missionary Letter #2 (Oct 13, 2010)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Emma,
Your sister on your blog said that comments would get passed along to you. So since I don't have the time to write you a real letter right now, I'll just post a blog comment! You're wonderful, and I FINALLY GOT MY CALL! I will be serving the RUSSIA MOSCOW mission and I report to the Provo MTC on January 12. Yes, I have to learn Russian. Matt said he'd help me. I hope you love England, although I know it's not the same since I'm not there. Anyway, love you lots, and I'll write you a real letter here in a few days or something.
Love,
Rachel Ashby
Post a Comment