i fulfilled a life goal. i have a piece of art that i've done hanging in the hfac right now! our stained glass class has a show there right now and everyone was required to have a piece in the show. kamryn and i joked about the way we talked about getting our pieces finished to people who aren't in our class.
"oh i have to finish this because it's going in a show tonight..." as snobbishly as possible. haha! little did they know... Here was the inspiration for my piece:
which is from here:

which is on this:

it didn't quite turn out the same. so it's "loosely based" on the original design. ha. i realized that some things work better as tile than stained glass and i had to make a lot of adjustments. plus it was my first window...anyway. here it is:

i'm famous:

7 comments:
Emma! That is just great. I will go see it sometime sooooon. :)
That is beautiful!
Nice. I'll have to check it out. Way to go.
Yay! I didn't have mine hang in the HFAC because I wouldn't have been able to get it back before I went to Jerusalem. I'm jealous. (But I wasn't too upset about mine not being hung because almost everyone's fell and broke. Bad news.)
well i AM your mother... so that makes me more proud somehow. doi
love it ems!
Emma...wow. Your Chagall window turned out great! I love it! Wish I could be there to see your show.
emmmmma!!! this is awesome!! you're famous!!! (you've always been famous to me)
Post a Comment