Anyway, since my return from England, there was a shocking lack of items in my room that now seem absolutely necessary. That has now been remedied.
A Bookshelf. It is beautiful and unfortunately so untravelable.
A trunk. Necessary since reading Northanger Abbey while I was in Bath. I wish I could fill it with mystery and secret things, but it is housing old sketchbooks, art supplies, letters, and old writing projects.
A writing desk. Necessary since I went to Jane Austen's house and saw the unbelievably small table she used to write all of her novels. Mine is a half circle that faces toward my backyard, where I can just watch people at the wedding reception that is currently happening at my house. Great way to improve my social life.
A metal mannequin thingy. Necessary since reading I Capture the Castle (please read this book.) and Cassandra and Rose name the iron mannequin thing that is in their room, and she gives them advice when they talk in the voice they invented for her. Unfortunately, this is for Rachel's room, not mine. She will hang her scarves on them. Rachel has as many or more scarves than I do. You choose whether or not to believe if that is possible.
And this dress.
An exception to the rule. Necessary when I tried it on. It really has nothing to do with England. I kind of get chills every time I think about it.
Updates on my computer quickly:
I am now addicted to Pandora.
I keep remembering things I took pictures of and then try desperately to find something similar on my group's photobucket.
This hard drive does not make my two-year-old computer as quick as it was. Or make it stop making weird noises.
And, please please if your battery does not charge on your mac, like you can't use your computer unless it is plugged in, and especially if you got it two years ago, please don't think it's just your battery that needs to be changed. Your computer might crash. I've heard it happen to a few people. Or you could just be smart and back up your files. Does anyone really do that?
6 comments:
Um, I love all of those things. I had decided my favorite was the writing table as just tonight I was thinking about how great it would be to have an old writing desk, but then I saw that dress. Oh, my goodness. So so so pretty. There are no words. Just so pretty.
Also, I went and saw angels and demons last night and I kept turning to Ian and saying "I've been there," and I sort of wished you and Roxanne and I were wandering Rome together.
oh my gosh i'm so jealous you have no idea. currently my room consists of two mattresses piled on each other and three empty suitcases on the floor. I want a dresser, a bookshelf/nightstand, and a full length mirror (because i'm vain) and things on the wall. oh, and more light. it's slightly depressing. i also wish the walls had color. i wonder how i could remedy that. also we have wood floors so the room sort of echos and makes it sound way more empty. but, i think i have the best closet in the house so i'm not complaining. and my house is brick and that makes it fabulous. miss you!
LOVE it all. and I'm slightly jealous. I do think that the dress is very Englandish though...probably because it reminds me of you and you remind me of England...Writing tables are definitely essential.Just started Northanger Abbey today! oh Jane Austen.
oh what delightful items! erm, that bookshelf is beautiful. and I adore the writing desk. actually, I appear to be charmed by them all.
Emma...your good things are most likely the BEST things I have ever seen in my life. My heart really wants your desk and trunk and dress and bookshelf and dress form thingy AND I LOVE PANDORA TOO. We are the same person.
What fun to read about the things you like best. Loved it all. Hope you have a great time away from us all. Enjoy your next adventure.
Love you lots Grandma and Grandpa
Post a Comment